Bucket list destinations anyone?!
Ski areas really do not get better than these two, with some of the most dramatic scenery in the Alps, vibrant local mountain culture and easy travel, this trip will remind you that Switzerland is the ski capital of the world for a very good reason. Enjoy lunch gazing up at the imposing North Face of the Eiger, ski the Lauberhorn World Cup run, and marvel that anyone can do it without stopping, never mind going breakneck speed. And of course Bond fans must make the pilgrimage to the Schilthorn: no base jumping scene re-enactments please!
And the skiing? Sitting at the heart of the Jungfrau Ski Region, Grindelwald offers easy access to slopes of all levels of difficulty, from long easy groomed runs through to challenging ungroomed terrain. With its famous train system, it’s a great place to explore and to ski from town to town, perhaps visiting pretty Wengen or Murren, or even taking the train right up to the stunning Jungfraujoch (not included on your lift pass), to look down over the majestic glaciers and gaze up at the looming faces of the Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau.
Engelberg sits in quiet, understated contrast; an as- yet undiscovered gem based around a Victorian mountain resort, with huge amounts of skiing, both pleasant groomers and challenging off piste terrain, stunning views, and one of the highest average snowfall depths in Europe. As soon as you start skiing here you’ll understand why so many top ski photographers call this place home. Even getting to and from the hotel is fun here; taking an elevator up through the mountain from town, you sit elevated above the town centre from where you can gaze down on the twinkling lights of Engelberg, nestled under the looming mountains just beyond.
- Ski the massive Jungfrau Ski Region, comprising Grindelwald-First, Männlichen, Kleine Scheidegg, Wengen, Mürren, and Schilthorn.
- Explore the superb skiing of undiscovered Engelberg
- 2 world class ski areas in amazing settings
- Visit the Jungfraujoch by train (extra ticket purchase required)
- All breakfasts and six dinners inluded
- In country rail travel included
- Enjoy a leisurely transfer by private coach from Grindelwald to Engelberg , with a visit to the beautiful Reichenbach Falls- Sherlock Holmes fans, get excited now!
- Option to include flexible airfare
- Great terrain for all levels of skier
- Mountain guides available for people looking for an off piste adventure
- 4 nights accommodation in the Hotel Derby, Grindelwald, 3 star superior
- 4 nights accommodation in the Hotel Terrace, Engelberg, 3 star
- 3 day liftpass for the huge Jungfrau Ski Region, comprising Grindelwald-First, Männlichen, Kleine Scheidegg, Wengen, Mürren, and Schilthorn.
- 3 day liftpass for Engelberg
- In country train travel
- Private coach travel from Grindelwald to Engelberg
- 8 breakfasts
- 6 dinners
- Option to include flights with Air Canada
- Trip cancellation and travel medical insurance (strongly recommended)
- Ski guiding from Ski Canada hosts Iain Macmillan and Nigel Harrison
- Excess baggage fees
- lunches on hill
- dinner on 2 nights
- PLEASE NOTE: The Jungfraujoch train is NOT included on the Jungfrau ski region liftpass. Anyone wishing to head up to the Jungfraujoch must purchase their own ticket.
- Feb 24th: depart Canada
- Feb 25th: land and transfer to your Grindelwald hotel
- Feb 26th- 28th: Ski the huge Jungfrau Ski Region, in the evenings enjoy a relaxed dinner, then head out and explore the charming town of Grindelwald
- March 1st: Transfer by private coach to Engelberg, with a stop at the famous Reichenbach Falls
- March 2nd- 4th: Ski Engelberg’s undiscovered world class ski terrain, in the evenings enjoy dinner at your hotel then head out to explore the interesting old town
- March 5th: Return to your departure airport, OR continue your European ski adventure.
NOTE: Those booking airfares with us may request custom dates to allow for an extended vacation. Please talk to us about this.
If booking your own air travel, we strongly recommend Zurich as your arrival/ departure airport.
(All prices include deposit)
Double occupancy, no air, per person: $2795
Single occupancy, no air, per person: $3445
Air and transfer package, Price based on point of departure and chosen flights dates
Discount of $50 for anyone who does BOTH Ski Canada trips!
Deposit (non refundable) of $750 due at time of booking
Balance due December 10th, 2022
Please note: deposits are non refundable
Canadian Staycations Inc is a bonded and licensed travel agent. BC Consumer Protection License number 81484
2573 Dunsmuir Ave.
Mon-Sat: 9am - 5pm